Join Munch - a cutting-edge food waste marketplace 🚀 - and journey with us to redefine the future of food consumption! 💚
Munch is a revolutionizing force empowering supermarkets, restaurants, and bakeries to monetize their surplus food. With a commanding presence in 3 countries and a massive family of 800,000 dedicated app users, Munch is making significant strides in combating food waste. 🌎♻️
We're thrilled to announce an opportunity for a top-tier Junior Controller, to harness financial data, provide accurate financial reports and set fitting financial performance goals. 📊🚀
- Gather necessary documentation from various sources.
- Establish and maintain a strong, collaborative relationship with external accountants.
- Assist in local payroll preparation, VAT fillings and financial statements preparations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain robust financial processes across the company.
- Manage the month end financial closing processes, ensuring timelines are met.
- Streamline and automate financial operations to optimize efficiency.
- Manage company liquidity and monitor cash flow regularly.
- Execute necessary treasury transactions, such as fund transfers, investments,
or withdrawals, ensure the company meets its financial obligations on time.
- Collaborate with other departments in budget preparation and management.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of annual budgets.
- Compare actual results to budgeted figures on a regular basis and analyze variances.
- Support the forecasting process by providing insightful financial data.
- Ensure adherence to relevant financial regulations and legislations.
📝 Requirements and skills:
- Fluent in English and Hungarian (Romanian, Czech, Slovak would be a huge plus)
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in finance or accounting.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and familiarity with accounting software.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Attention to detail, with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Having experience in a startup environment equips you with a unique set of skills and a mindset to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced settings.
- If you are knowledgeable about GAAP specific to Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and Romania.
- Industry Background: Experience in food or sustainability sector is beneficial.
- Certification: ACCA, CIMA, or CPA certification is a plus.
🙌🏼 What we offer:
- An opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing social impact startup, with potential for personal and professional growth.
- An inclusive work culture that encourages creativity and innovation.
- The privilege to work alongside a vibrant team from Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia, dedicated to combat food waste.
- A purpose-driven role where your contributions significantly drive the fight against food waste.
💚 Through this role, you'll contribute to a vision that adds value not only for our partners and the customers but also for the environment. Be part of the change and join us in our quest to (b)eat food waste.